Our Autumn/Winter Flu Programme will begin in early September, JCVI advises that for the 2022 autumn vaccination programme, the following groups should be offered a flu vaccine:
- Residents in a care home for older adults and staff working in care homes for older adults
- Health and social care workers
- All adults aged 50 years and over
- Persons aged 5 to 49 years in a clinical risk group
- Persons aged 5 to 49 years who are household contacts of people with immunosuppression
- Persons aged 16 to 49 years who are carers
- All children aged from 6 months to 2 years in clinical risk groups;
- All children aged 2-5 years (not yet at school) (children must be aged 2 years or above on 1 September 2022);
- All primary school children (primary one to primary seven) at school
- All secondary school pupils (years one to six) at school
- School teachers
Individuals will be invited by age starting with the over 80’s first. All individuals aged 65 and above and those in clinical risk groups will be sent a letter with an appointment, there will be instructions on the letter detailing how you can change your appointment if it doesn’t suit. For all others, you will receive a letter, email or text depending on what you requested previously and you will be invited to book online on call the National Call Centre.
For those individuals who also qualify for a COVID-19 vaccination, this will be given at the same appointment.
We will provide a further update by the 20th of August 2022.